Sunday, April 8, 2007

Good customer service

Recently I contacted Kensington customer service (www.kensington.com) to get assistance with a laptop lock. I use Kensington laptop locks to secure my personal and work computer at home and on the road. Somehow the combo lock on my personal laptop had reset itself to a different combination than I had set. This had caused a great amount of stress and distress for me because it meant that the laptop could not be removed. Inconvenient because this meant that I could not take it to the patio or anywhere else to work or surf or blog or .... Freaking me out because in an emergency, if we had to evacuate, the laptop would have to stay. Evacuation is not out of the question as we live within blocks of a couple of really old pipelines that carry petroleum products. But I digress.

The customer support at Kensington was very responsive and offered suggestions on how to determine the combination. Most importantly, the representative offered to send a replacement (a newer, better model) without my even asking! Now that is good customer service!

No comments: