Monday, January 7, 2008

Been a while

I realized recently that it had been a while since I blogged. It's not that I was busy with the holidays or anything. I just succumbed to the gray days of winter. I danced a gig on the Winter Solstice because that day meant that the days would be getting longer.

I had a wonderful retreat at the Rancho Bernardo Inn in California. A wonderful serene place surrounded on all sides by suburbia. The fires in California did not touch the inn very much ... just a few singes here and there. While there, my niece who lives in the area came to the inn for lunch. It was wonderful to see her. She moved to California with a friend and has no support system there, no family. I admire her bravery. She has a strong sense of self and is a confident young woman.

I was dismayed by the recent assassination of Bhutto. How sad a world is it in which a person's passion can lead to their death.

No comments: